Wednesday 13 May 2020

Experimental


This album cover is inspired by the graphic design of 'frontpage' magazine, which i discussed earlier in my research. the magazine was created in the 90s and took a 'maximalism' approach with gaudy colours, digitally distorted images and different type faces. The layout follows no logical rules. In theory I like this idea but this quick experiment didn't produce a very impressive result. I think if this idea was chosen to be used it would need to be pushed a lot further.



This cover is more simple, having no type on the front and only 2 images which are vague and distorted. The main focus on the front cover is actually an outtake where I tripped over whilst taking a photo on self timer, but the resulting blurry picture works quite well i representing the hazy experience of clubbing as it captures motion.




This cover invites the viewer to be curious, and uses the same image wrapping around the whole thing.













I really wanted to make this cover by creating my own water bottle packaging and photographing it myself, but I couldn't think of a way I could do this in lockdown as I don't have a printer. Instead I opted for this free mockup which looks really tacky, but communicates my idea to some extent.


No comments:

Post a Comment