Monday 1 February 2021

Initial ideas

 This idea actually came from Eleanor:





In the cult 90's film 'Clueless', the main character Cher (a rich girl known for her impeccable fashion sense and huge closet) has a computer which mixes and matches her clothes and helps her decide what to wear. This idea of mixing and matching is a key theme in a lot of my initial ideas.

My initial ideas: 



Incase my writing is too messy, above reads:
  • vibrant
  • eclectic
  • share
  • unique
  • recycle
  • style
  • sustainable
  • pattern
  • exchange
  • fun
  • change
  • fashion
  • refresh
  • inclusive
  • all ages
  • eco-friendly
  • renew
 

Paper dolls - clothes can be cut out and fit on an array of different people - fun and interactive. Would be amazing if we could make these as fridge magnets but that would be too expesive.

Illustration rough sketches


Considerations:
- As Common Thread is a non-for-profit voluntary organisation, the advertising/ marketing budget is either low or none (I'm unsure - I said I would do this brief for free as it's a cause I care about and Eleanor has given me 10 years of friendship and counting...)

- This means any printed graphics we produce, I will either have to fund myself or ask the organisation to pay for - I think they would be willing to pay a small amount for production costs but they need to be kept as low as possible.

- They currently only promote on social media, which so far has worked as they have a pretty large following - every exchange I've ever been to has been busy. It's totally free to post on social media, and if you have a following (which they do) then people will re-post and promote them, reaching an even larger group. As demonstrated by this ugly stock image: 


The idea of creating mostly social media graphics, especially gifs, alongside some very cheaply produced print posters/ flyers seems to be the most practical solution for me. A lot of people keep flyers which are nicely designed and pin them to a notice board/ fridge/ wall - they will then be reminded of Common Thread every time they see it.





No comments:

Post a Comment