Friday 24 April 2020

5 Events

My friend took me to the Keith Haring exhibition at the Tate in Liverpool in the first term of uni.
I talked about how much I like Haring's work in a previous blog post, and I loved this exhibition
because I learnt a lot about the artist that I didn't know and saw pieces of his work which I hadn't
previously known existed such as some of his earlier stuff and sketchbook pages.


Three of the events I chose are night club events I went to, one of them being in Leeds and two in
Sheffield where I'm from. The two in Sheffield were LGBTQ focused and were pretty small and
intimate. Growing up in Sheffield there weren’t really any LGBTQ specific nights around, and
it's only in the past couple of years I’ve found club nights catering specifically to our community.
It was really exciting for me to be able to go places where I can be completely accepted as myself
and meet other like minded people. These nights also tend to have really cool graphics advertising
them, and in the future I would love to be the one making flyers/ posters/ digital marketing for
these kinds of nights.

The one in Leeds I chose because it was one of the first club nights I went to here and again it
was quite an underground and intimate night. I went to this club night simply because I liked the
flyer for it - I had never heard of any of the DJs before, but I loved all the music. I think it's a great
example of how a scene and a particular sound can be visually represented to the target audience
and again, I hope to create graphics for music events in the future.

The final event is the OI! Exhibition which was at HPBC, which I spoke about in a previous post.

No comments:

Post a Comment