Tuesday 14 January 2020

Brief & Market Research

We’ve seen a change in consumers drinking habits in the industry, with the rise of mindfulness and wellbeing people are more regularly considering low- and no-alcohol drinks alternatives and currently there isn’t a premium, great tasting beer out there for them to enjoy. - Peroni

"In 2015, one in three 16- to 24-year-olds were completely teetotal, compared with one in five in 2005" (UK) - The Guardian


why are people drinking less? 

-people are making bigger efforts to look after their mental wellbeing - something which alcohol consumption can have negative effects on
-many people are focused on health - alcohol is usually high calorie and consumption has many negative physiological effects
- busy life styles - many people have hobbies/ careers to do in the mornings and don't want to be hungover

"Since 2005, the overall amount of alcohol consumed in the UK, the proportion of people reporting drinking, and the amount drinkers report consuming have all fallen. This trend is especially pronounced among younger drinkers." - alcoholchange.org.uk




There seems to be a gap in the market for non-alcoholic beverages - the options are either highly sugary fizzy drinks, or a limited selection of uninteresting beers. Whilst there are a variety of low alcohol craft beers, this still isn't inclusive to those who don't want to drink.


https://seedlipdrinks.com/uk/journal/drink-to-the-future


Most canned cocktails come in tall, thin cans.

 

Demographic - 20-35, employed, sociable, trendy,


From the independent - 21yr old woman:


"I've been questioned more times than I can count, and of course I get my fair share of stick for my love of being sober. But I don't care anymore. I'm not afraid to admit it that I just don't like getting drunk that much. I like a night out as much as the next person, but honestly most of my best nights out are when I've been completely sober. I often find that I have a much better time because I actually feel in control of my actions. Not to mention I wake up feeling fresh and hangover free the next day, which is always a bonus."


(On her friends being accepting)

'Perhaps this is a generational thing – people my age seem a lot more willing to accept people’s individuality and right to their own choices, and peer pressure of any kind is frowned upon.'

"That said, there are always people who think you're strange for not drinking and there's always a worry that people don't secretly want you around because you're always 'the boring one who orders a soft drink."

No comments:

Post a Comment