Thursday 26 March 2020

Unexpected Circumstances

Over the past couple of days, the UK has gone into lockdown due to COVID-19. There was speculation in the weeks leading up to this official lock down with a lot of different information and rumours circulating. Advice given about social distancing meant I didn't attend university for the week before the official lock down was enforced, even though it was still open - this was not a decision I took lightly, but I believe it was the right one to make. Now that we are officially in lockdown and the university has told us how this will effect our course, I am ready to continue with my 2 current modules in a slightly different way than before.

OUGD406: I shall continue to develop my record sleeve design as if I was going to screen print the final outcome. I am currently working on image making and typography individually and then plan to combine them and experiment with the layout and processing to produce a final outcome. Due to limited access to facilities, I will be using adobe software to imitate physical processing techniques.

OUGD402: My plan was to create one zine for this project and I am going to stick to that. I don't have a printer available so I will be creating the zine digitally and replicating physical processing techniques as best as I can. I have already started to layout text and images on an InDesign board.

No comments:

Post a Comment